Established in 2010, the Education Bursary Award is to provide financial assistance to students from low-income families to continue their education and for members of Thekchen Choling or children of members to assist them to excel in their academic pursue.
This Education Bursary Award is open to Singapore citizens regardless of race or religion, studying in government institutions. There are three categories of the Awards, namely the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Category.
Value of Award
1) Primary: $200 each
2) Secondary/ JC: $300 each
3) Tertiary (Polytechnic/University): $400 each
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen
2. Applicant must be full-time students studying in local government institutions from Primary 1 to Tertiary
3. Total gross monthly household income must not exceed $2500; OR
4. Per capita income of not more than $600**; and
5. Applicant must have good conduct and satisfactory academic performance
6. Only 1 applicant per household can apply.
(*Total amount of gross income of all the working people in the same Household.
**Per Capita Income= Gross family income/ total no. of family members living together with student)
Bursary Award 2020 registration will be opened on 16/12(Mon)!
– All decisions made are final. The Management committee of the temple reserves the right to give out bursaries to the most deserving students.
– Only Successful applicants will be notified by mail.
– Successful applicants will be invited for the Award Presentation Ceremony on Vesak Day on 07 May 2020 (Thu).