Stop.Breathe.Live – Amitabha Phowa
A Teaching Retreat by Former Abbot of Namgyal Monastery, Venerable Jhado Rinpoche & Singha Thekchen Namdrol Rinpoche
Date: 23 Nov to 26 Nov 2017
Venue: Thekchen Choling (Malaysia) at 691 Tai Hong Village, Kota Tinggi
Registration for the retreat is now open and closing date will be on 10 Nov 2017.
Standard Ticket: S$168
Discounted Ticket (For NSF & Senior Citizen 60 years & above & Students 18 yrs old & below): S$100
Ticket price Include:
– Retreat attendance
– All Meals during the retreat (vegetarian)
– Bus transfer between TCCL SG1 & Retreat Venue/ KH Hotel
– Bus Shuttle from KH Hotel3 to Retreat Venue
Please note that dormitory accommodation are fully taken up. All registrations now will be require hotel booking.
Please arrange for your own accommodation. You may book hotels at Kota Tinggi through online portals like www.booking.com or www.agoda.com.
The recommended hotels to book are:
Kota Heritage Hotel
No 11 – A Jalan Seri Warisan 1, Kota Heritage Commercial Center, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-883 3866
Rest Inn Hotel
1-4, Jalan Abdullah, Pekan Kota Tinggi, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-882 7777
41 , Jalan Kolam Air, Taman Medan Indah, Pekan Kota Tinggi, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-880 1888
How to Register:
1) You may register at the temple frontdesk counter. Click here for the Retreat Registration Form.
2) You may register online at Eventbrite: https://sblamitabhaphowaretreat2017.eventbrite.sg
Click Here for the Information Sheet.
1. Are there ID or minimum age requirements to participate in the retreat?
There is no minimum age requirement. There is no need to have taken refuge to be able to attend the retreat.
Parents/ guardians will need to make arrangements to take care of their children/ ward during retreat to ensure that the retreat environment is conducive for all. Any accompanying helper will need to be registered as a participant even if they are not attending the retreat.
2. What are my transport options for getting to and from the event?
a) From Singapore: 2 way bus transport will be provided between Thekchen Choling Singapore (TCCL SG) and the Retreat Venue / Kota Heritage Hotel (KH Hotel). Bus will depart on 23 Nov 2017 at 7pm from TCCL SG to Retreat Venue / KH Hotel. Bus will return on 26 Nov evening from Retreat Venue / KH Hotel to TCCL SG.
Bus timings will be confirmed closer to the event start date at http://english.thekchencholing.org/sblretreat/
b) Within Kota Tinggi, Malaysia: A shuttle service will be provided between KH Hotel and the Retreat Venue. Timing will be dependent on the retreat schedule.
During registration, please make sure to indicate whether you need to take the bus and/or the shuttle. If you do not indicate this, we will assume you do not need transport and make your own transport arrangement.
3. Can I park at the Retreat Venue if I come by my own means?
Yes, however there may be limited parking lots.
4. What are my accomodation options?
All our dormitory tickets have been sold out already. Please arrange for your own accommodation (for hotels, you can book online via Agoda or any other booking website). Recommended hotels are Kota Heritage Hotel, Rest Inn Hotel and Hotel Cascada. However, we will provide complimentary shuttle service (timing based on retreat schedule) between the Retreat Venue and Kota Heritage Hotel only.
The recommended hotels are:
Kota Heritage Hotel No 11 – A Jalan Seri Warisan 1, Kota Heritage Commercial Center, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia Phone: +60 7-883 3866
Rest Inn Hotel 1-4, Jalan Abdullah, Pekan Kota Tinggi, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia Phone: +60 7-882 7777
Hotel Cascada 41 , Jalan Kolam Air, Taman Medan Indah, Pekan Kota Tinggi, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia Phone: +60 7-880 1888
5. What type of food will be served during the Retreat?
Vegetarian food will be served.
6. What do I need to bring to the retreat? What do I need to wear during the retreat?
Click Here for the Information Sheet.
7. Is my ticket transferrable?
We regret to inform you that your ticket is not transferable/assignable to any other person.
8. How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You may email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– “TCCL SG” means Thekchen Choling (Singapore), 2 Beatty Lane, Singapore 209945.
– “Retreat Venue” means Thekchen Choling (Malaysia), Lot 691 Tai Hong Village Kota Tinggi 81900 Johor Malaysia.
– “KH Hotel” means Kota Heritage Hotel, No 11 – A Jalan Seri Warisan 1, Kota Heritage Commercial Center, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia [participants to self-book hotel at agoda.com or any other booking website]